The endgame of web development or an SEO campaign or any digital marketing solutions at large is rooted in lead conversion. Higher the rate at which website traffic converts to the goal aimed by the business, more successful the digital solutions are. In this article, we further discuss the several inherent benefits of optimization of conversion rates and the several organic tools to bring it about.
What is Conversion Rate Optimization?
When visitors arrive at a particular website, they are expected to respond to a certain ‘Call of Action’. Conversion Rate Optimization or CRO is the systematic process of converting regular website traffic into the achievement of the ultimate goal by implementing multiple organic practices to appeal to the audience. In most cases, the goal, as desired by the business or its entrepreneur is one that ends in a purchase. But it can also be subscription to newsletters, registration for a contest, contribution for donation, signing up for a promotional, and more.
The conversion rate is calculated by dividing the number of times the goal was achieved by the total website traffic of a particular period.
The main objective of Conversion Rate Optimization is to ensure more people who visit your website ends up responding to the desired call of action, therefore increasing your conversion rate. The process is multi-layered and involves effective optimization solutions at different levels, starting from the customer’s navigation through the site, understanding of the action they are expected to respond to and its consequences, and finally convincing them to do it. It also involves analysis of each action taken and the possible reasons that lead to it.
There are several tools at the disposal of Conversion Rate Optimization experts to carry out the necessary operations. They can be broadly divided into four different types based on their target functions –
- Quantitative tools for the what’s
- Qualitative tools for the why’s
- Testing tools for the how’s and when’s
- Workflow tools for the post-operation learning
The functionality of the tools depend largely on the understanding on online consumer behaviour and the working factors behind them. Determining areas of concern and identifying the successful facets of a CRO campaign is key to the process.
Why does a business need CRO?
In simple terms, a business runs on attaining one goal after the other and Conversion Rate Optimization contributes towards making that a reality. Here are some of the key reasons why your business is in need of a Conversion Rate Optimization.
It becomes convenient to measure the performance of your business in actual quantitative terms than having an abstract idea. It is much simpler to obtain new customers through investing in CRO than acquisition of new and untapped markets for a business.
With the right CRO techniques, you get a higher value for money of your investment with your existing customer base, without any new promotional campaigns. A little tweak in the look, feature and content in the website can go a long way when it comes to CRO and get you a better return on investment.
Comprehension of customer behaviour is at the core of the success of any business. CRO helps in observation and analysis of customer behaviour with clarity. Professionals use the A/B testing, where two pages with different layouts, designs, tone of content, colour codes and call-to-action are measured to see which gets the higher response from customers. The results are then used to understand what resonates with the target audience the most and base future marketing campaigns on the answers.
Improving customer experience
The results brought about by the previous point further assist in creating a top-notch user experience on your website. It helps you to do away with stagnancy and negative features that don’t contribute anything towards customer engagement and focus on the active, positive elements.
Top strategies for Conversion Rate Optimization
There are quite a few strategies out there to carry out an exclusive CRO operation. Here are some of the most prominent ones.
- Reduce clutter on the web page and focus on highlighting the key points, especially the main call-of-action link or button. Content is important for information providing and SEO, but too much of it and it might cause distraction instead of engagement.
- Revamping your website is crucial to increase conversion rate. Things like using relevant images, attractive colours, improved tonality and an overall friendly look of the website can go further than you can imagine.
- Build a sense of trust with the customers, by providing them with relevant assurances. No spamming in case of a form fill-up, no transit-damage and return options in case of e-commerce, protection of identity in case of registrations – highlighting these points are important.
- Use the benefit urgency by putting a deadline on the offer, a countdown on registration, and the likes to prevent delay in the desired action.
- Make sure your website is light and speedy enough and pages load quickly. Nothing turns off customers more than a page that takes forever to open and it takes away their interest in the matter.
Understanding and implementation of correct CRO is essential for a successful online marketing campaign and the ongoing performance of the business. It adds the much-needed edge to your website and your online presence in general, and contributes largely to enhance the profitability of your business. Hence, its importance in modern day business is paramount.
If you want to maximize your success in enhancing your conversation rate and turn all your potential customers to satisfied clientele then strike a conversation with team Digital Marketing Lab and get the ROI at its best to add momentum to your business. Know us better by visiting https://www.digitalmarketinglab.co.in .